Working - Regional - Dennis J. Arcano
Filed in: Regional
Dennis J. Arcano’s setup for a brand new, multimedia production of Stephen Schwartz's Working at ACT in Ridgefield, Connecticut.
"The drum set is a 1989 Pearl Export that I stripped off the original black drum wraps."
"The Roland SPD-SX was used for running click tracks, triggering samples of congas, cowbell, and timbales for the song 'Delivery' (written by Lin Manuel Miranda) Also used for samples of bell tree, mark tree, flex-a-tone, and castanets for the song 'It’s An Art'.
Apple's MainStage was used via the iRig Keys 37 PRO Keyboard for glockenspiel, vibes, chimes, celeste, and harp as notated in the percussion book by orchestrator Alex Lacamoire.
The drum set is a 1989 Pearl Export that I stripped off the original black drum wraps. I hand painted the original shells red and had black powder coating done to all original chrome rims. My DTS snare drum (picture above) is a one-of-a-kind custom drum made especially for me by Steve 'Steevo' Morrison, who is also a drum tech for Tommy Lee, and Nate Morton of 'The Voice'.
Mr. Schwartz is an artistic advisor for the theater and this production of ours may be coming to a small screen near you in the not too distant future!"
- Pearl Export 22” Kick Drum (Aquarian Super Kick 2 drumhead)
- Pearl Export 12”, 13”, & 16” Toms (Remo Coated Pinstripe drumheads)
- DTS 14” x 7" Custom Birch Snare Drum (Remo Coated Controlled Sound X drumhead)
- Pearl H1050 Redline Hi-Hat Stand
- Pearl P2050C Eliminator Redline Bass Drum Pedal
- Zildjian K 14” Custom Hybrid Hi-Hat Cymbals
- Zildjian K 18” Dark Crash Medium Thin Cymbal
- Zildjian K 16” Dark Crash Thin Cymbal
- Zildjian K 22” Custom Dark Ride Cymbal
- Zildjian K 10” Custom Dark Splash Cymbal
- Grover 6” Super Overtone Triangle (with Miller Machine)
- Pearl Ultra-Grip Brass Tambourine
- Various LP Shakers
- Roland SPD-SX Sampling Pad
- iRig Keys 37 PRO Keyboard
- Vic Firth 5B Extreme Wood Tip Sticks
- Regal Tip “Ed Thigpen” Brushes
- Flix Orange Drumsticks
- Mike Balter 16B Orange Yarn Mallets
- Grover Triangle Beaters
Performance videos of this setup and more can be seen in the Musical Theater Playlist of Dennis' YouTube channel:
Additional photos of Stephen Schwartz and Dennis on stage for the 2019 ACT of Connecticut Gala announcing their production of Godspell coming up in the 2019-2020 season.
Dennis is the resident drummer, percussionist, synth and drum programmer, and music contractor for ACT in Ridgefield, Connecticut.