• Drum Set and Percussion Setups from Musical Theatre and More

Michael Blancaflor - Les Miserables

Michael’s setup for Les Miserables (2010 UK Tour Edition) at Simsbury High School in Simsbury, Connecticut.

“This was a lot of fun!

Space was not an issue so I went big. Timpani are a large part of the book so I used two real drums 80% of the time (26" & 29" Ludwig). The other 20% was played electronically through the DrumKat triggering timpani sounds from my newly upgraded MalletKat 7KS. I used a FatKat foot trigger (via DrumKat) for timpani parts set within Drumset type parts (At The End of The Day). The MalletKat was used to play the Chimes, Crotales, Bells and Xylophone. A Roland SPD-S was used to trigger smaller percussion (woodblocks, temple blocks, cricket, ratchet)

Other gear used:
Drummer's World Nesting Drum set 12"/15"/20"
Snare is a 65 Ludwig Acrolite
12" Wuhan China
8" Zildjian Splash
18" Dream Vintage Bliss Crash/Ride
13" Zildjian K/Z Hats
2 Salad bowls and a metal camping plate for Master of the House
Miller Machine with Sabian 6" HH Triangle
Miller Machine for Finger Cymbal
Brake Drum
6”/8”/10” Remo Roto Toms
20" Wind Gong
Treeworks Single Row Chimes
14" x 10" Ludwig Marching Snare
12" Pork Pie Little Squealer”

You can reach Michael on FB at https://www.facebook.com/blancaflor and on Twitter at @whiteflowerperc